Preording with an american express card?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lfetsch, Jun 14, 2010.

1. lfetsch macrumors newbie

Will i be able to preorder with my american express or is it only master card and visa>?

2. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Call apple...

BTW - be prepared for a beating...

3. omizzle macrumors regular

lol. you will be fine

4. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Yes it's a credit card right?:confused:
    Only Debit Cards need the MasterCard or Visa Logo.

Search.

5. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Many companies do not take American Express due to their costs to vendors.

6. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

I bought my 3G with an AmEx card, so I don't see why not. (But we didn't have the pleasure of a pre-order at that time - still can't see why it would be a problem, however. Apple takes AmEx for everything else. Use it for all my electronics purchases.)

7. coasterswim macrumors 6502

Many smaller companies, yes, but Apple can't afford to not take American Express. I can't think of a single large company that doesn't take AmEx. The only exclusions to the list are companies with credit card tie-ins, like Sam's Club.

8. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Apple took my iPad pre-order with my AMEX card. While some places don't take it, I have yet seen a Fortune 200 company not take my AMEX card.

9. lpolarityl macrumors 6502

lpolarityl

Why do some of these threads get made! A credit card, is a credit card, lol.

10. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Thank you very much...I was answering iTravis' comment...:rolleyes:

11. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Do you guys actually own an American Express card? There are MANY locations / companies (even "big" ones) that do not take it. It's a valid question.

12. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Uh, that's only cause American Express and Discover don't have any debit/Amex or Discover cards.

The whole point of having the Visa/MC logo is it is accepted anywhere those cards are cause they can use it like a Visa/MC and it some how ends up out of yoru account eventually. But from the vendor standpoint it acts like a credit card. It would be the same if there were amex/discover debit cards. If they take amex or discover, they'd take a debit with that logo (you'd have to sign like a credit card though and not use your pin number).

13. lpolarityl macrumors 6502

lpolarityl

Do you honestly think AT&T and Apple wouldn't take an American Express card? A card that has high level tiers of credit? Not to mention it's a well known business expense card company as well. I'm more than sure plenty of AT&T and Apple customers have bought millions of dollars worth of product with an American Express card.

I have one, and I haven't had one place tell me they don't except it.

14. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

Sure I believe they will...I didn't ask the original question...

15. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I own one. It's my main card. I don't have too much issue with finding places that accept it. It's mostly small local places that don't. Biggest chain I've been to that doesn't is either KFC or Subway and those are cause they are local owned and it is up to the franchise owner (some Subways take it, some don't. Don't go to that many different KFCs, just know the one near me doesn't take it).

16. bushbaby macrumors 6502

bushbaby

Because there are a lot of perks. Do you remember when the original iPhone came out and the price was reduced a couple of months later? AE refunded the difference to all their customers.

17. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Absolutely. I love my AMEX card. I use it every where I can. I agree with the other poster with KFC. I think they are the ones that don't take it. The Subway in the Walmart where I work even takes it. I use it for the rewards. It's also have a 1 year extended warranty built in. If it breaks after the normal warranty period, give AMEX a call and they fix it for you. All for free. Travel Insurance is nice too. But I digress.