Prep for iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Val-kyrie, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Val-kyrie macrumors 68000

Ok. So this is the first time I have had an iPhone and the first time I will experience a change in the iOS. So I am wondering, if the new iOS has features which take advantage of newer hardware, is it preferable to wait for others to "test" the new iOS on previous generation iPhones before installing--like waiting until 10.x.3 for Apple's computer OSes to reach stability with fewer bugs? Will the new iOS slow down the iPhone experience on older phones? If I update to the new iOS, how do I downgrade back to my current iOS if I so choose? Anything I should know/do prior to an update? (I have synced my iPhone with iTunes, so I believe it also backed up the phone.)

Sorry for the newby questions, but I rely on my iPhone 4 (32GB, Verizon) for work and so far I have enjoyed my experience without a hitch, so I don't want to jeopardize the stable situation I currently enjoy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

just synch with iTunes, back up and hit the update button. iTunes does all the work.