Prepaid customers: Does rollover data tempt you to switch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by heyyitssusan, Jan 8, 2015.

1. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

With being a prepaid customer myself (using my 5s on ST with AT&T) I really love the price and the coverage, it's just the rollover data plans are kind of tempting me to switch to AT&T postpaid.. I know it's so much more expensive, but is it really worth it? I've got 3GB of data but every month I use about 1 GB tops or even less... it would be nice to have all of that rolled over, but for what I'm paying I guess there are some sacrifices.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You only get one month of roll over, so if you don't use your data in January, the roll over data is only available in Feb (if I understand ATT's roll over plan). I'd not say that's anything worth changing over.

3. mattopotamus, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015

mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That is the way I understand it too. Basically if you have a 3gb plan and only use 1gb, 2gb will roll over just for that one month. I do not know if they pull from the roll over data first or the plan data. For example, if the next month you use 4gb would the first 2gb be rollover, or would you use your plan data and lose the roll over for the next month.

Knowing AT&T it would probably take from your plan data first so there will be months you have no roll over.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Not me the 5GB/unlimited plan is still the best option for our lines from what I see.

5. heyyitssusan thread starter macrumors 65816

What carrier do you have?

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

sounds like tmobile throttle plan to me.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

ATT $30 Unlimited grandfathered

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

I like the data rollover. I wish they had announced this back when I was on a 4GB plan; I would have stayed on it.

I'm paying around $100 a month now for 20GB of data. It's a 10GB plan, bumped to 20GB when I called retentions a while back. I wonder if they'll apply rollover to it.

I'd effectively end up with nearly 40GB to use some months. This will be amazing when traveling, and for those times when home internet goes down. Can you watch Netflix on an Apple TV through a tethered iPhone? ;)

9. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Rollover should be applied to all mobile share value plans.

You sure can.

10. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

$80 t mobile unlimited never have to worry about throttling, overage, rollover. Prepaid for life!

11. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

But you still have to worry about coverage and whether or not you'll have service indoors.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. A nice add-on to the plan, but nothing spectacular.