Prepaid GoPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by xckid87, Jun 30, 2007.

1. xckid87 macrumors newbie

OK so If I choose to do the gophone prepay option, can I later switch to a plan like next month?

2. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

I signed up with go phone pick your plan. I was told by an AT&T rep today if I later want upgrade the iPhone to a post paid account I'd have to purchase a new SIM card and reactivate the phone and get a new number, then have them port the prepaid number.

3. boogieman macrumors regular

How did u get prepaid?

4. youyou macrumors member

So i signed up for the same plan as you (go phone pick your plan) but when i connect the iphone to my computer to activate it, it doesn't give me the option to choose that kind of plan , and i basically can't activate my phone...
    Can you please tell me how you activated it? Did you have to call in at&t and give them you imei number ?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

5. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

My activation went like this, failed credit check, got the option to go to AT&T to leave a deposit or do prepay, I picked prepay, waited for an email, got the email with my phone number, iTunes tells me to add debit card information, went to web page added payment info, went back to itunes, finished activation and synched.