Prepaid iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr.Goodbar, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Mr.Goodbar macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I have heard that there are possibility's for using a prepaid sim in an iPhone. Can I get instructions on how to do this? Does it matter what gen of iPhone I am using? Please help.

2. JasonHD macrumors regular

buy a pre paid sim from your carrier, ask them for it to be a micro sim, if not just cut it down and bang it in your phone.

3. Mr.Goodbar thread starter macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Can you please explain a little more?

4. tigert07 macrumors regular

the iPhone 4 doesn't use a regulr sim card. It opperates off of the new micro sim. It's smaller. I'm really not sure if pre paid sims come in micro sim? I could be wrong. Anways, purchase the pre paid sim from them, and as stated above you may need to cut the sim to fit the phone because a regular sim will not fit.

5. Mr.Goodbar thread starter macrumors member

Mr.Goodbar

I'm not looking to use the iPhone 4g, but anything from a 3gs, 3g or 2g is do-able. Would a 'straighttalk' sim work? Anything like that? Or strictly at&t's gophone?

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Yes, you can use a sim card from a GoPhone in any iPhone 3G or 3GS. The phone doesn't need to be unlocked.

Just make sure that if you buy a new GoPhone that includes any amount of free credit such as $50, that you don't activate that phone using that sim. If you do, the sim card will be locked to that GoPhone for about six months and you will not be able to use it in an iPhone until then.

You can always get a new sim card from AT&T and use that to activate the phone or go to the AT&T store and let them activate a GoPhone account in store. It's pretty easy after that.