Prepaid iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pcs are junk, Oct 23, 2009.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

my dad is interested in buying me an iphone, but we use verizon, and he doesnt want to switch services. is there any way that at&t offers a prepaid iphone plan? if so could someone please tell me, that would be well appreciated. thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, ATT nor apple offers any sort of prepaid iPhones.

3. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Buy any iPhone 3G and you can use it on AT&T prepaid. Just don't buy it from Apple or AT&T because they'll make you enter a contract

I'm using my iPhone 3G as a pre-paid phone right now.

4. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

where am do i buy it from if i cant buy it from apple or at&t, and is it possible with the 3gs?

5. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You have to buy it from a person (like on eBay, etc.) to not have to enter a contract. It will be much more than the $99, $199, $299 (depending on model) than you will pay AT&T/Apple, but you won't be in a contract.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Also, if you buy a GoPhone and activate it then use the sim in the iPhone, you may have to wait six months before you can use that sim in any other phone other than the GoPhone.

In September, AT&T began using sims which are locked to the activated GoPhone for no less than six months.

Read THIS thread for more on this. You can buy the correct sim through ebay and the link to do that is also in the thread.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

Nope

A non cotract 3GS 16GB $599 32GB $699 new you might be able to get one a hundred bucks cheeper eBay best buy walmart god places to get them new some apple stores sell them with out the contract a 3g will be about $300 new. Guessing you be better of with s pyg phone and a touch.