Prepaid Sim Cards for Ireland / Italy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by filmbufs, Aug 3, 2016.

1. filmbufs macrumors 6502

filmbufs

I'd like to use my unlocked iPhone 6 in Ireland and Italy, mainly for occasional calls, texts and some data. I'm looking to keep the budget around $20-$30 per location (1 week in each place.) I doubt I need unlimited anything but if the plan offers it, I'll gladly not worry about overruns. I'll use local wifi wherever possible but it would be nice to know I don't have to rely on that.

Does anyone have personal experience or recommendations for prepaid sim cards in each country? Bonus move if I can use one card for both countries (if that's even possible.)

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

3. deadsoul macrumors regular

Hi, I've lived in Ireland for 3 years, my recomendation for you check 3 Ireland www.three.ie, they have an unlimited prepaid package called "All you can eat data" for only 20 euros per month.

4. filmbufs thread starter macrumors 6502

filmbufs

Thanks for the replies. I'm a little hesitant about buying a sim off of eBay but since you've had a good experience with them, I'll look into it. Or Meteor.

Unlimited anything is always appealing and since you've lived in Ireland for three years, I appreciate your recommendation of three.ie.

Thanks! Cheers.