Prepaid Sim for Equidor

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chargit, Jan 31, 2013.

1. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Ok, I have a friend going to Equidor next monday. he is on At&t now with an iphone 4. I can unlock it for him. but is there a prepaid sim he can buy here that will work over there? I know At&t will gig him on his bill if he uses them!

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

When you fly to another country, there are usually kiosks in the airport or near it that sell prepaid local SIM cards. When he lands, he should be able to find one.

3. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

well the problem is he didnt want to take my sim card cutter with him

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Well then when he gets there he can ask them if they carry micro SIM cards. Movistar carries the iPhone 4S and 5 so I would assume they do. A little googling goes a long way. I came across the following link as well.

http://www.telestial.com/view_product.php?ID=LSIM-EC01

5. chargit thread starter macrumors 6502a

chargit

well that is outragous! $2.29 per minute plus the $19 for the sim card

but just to clarify if you read my initial post we are wanting to buy a prepaid sim in the USA NOT Equidor so google is not answering my questions....

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

first of all, its Ecuador, not Equidor.

second, you wont be able to find SIM cards in the US for out of country carriers. usually people buy them when they land since its conveniently located usually right in the airport for arriving travelers. the only way you will get a foreign SIM in the US is if you find somewhere online to buy it. your cheapest option will be to buy it when he lands.