Prepaid sim

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SKIDDW, Jun 28, 2010.

1. SKIDDW macrumors newbie

ok this is the deal my phone was jailbroken and unlocked. the phone was in an endless loop i was forced to restore and recived the new bootloader.

I was using a prepaid At&t sim and after this update the sim still works in this phone. :)
    version 4.0
    firmware 05.13.04

2. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Do you get 3G?

3. SKIDDW thread starter macrumors newbie

No...3g. can call out and recive calls The sim was activated on this one before I updated I was suprised to see that still works.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

It is never a problem to restore and activate with an ATT Pay and Go Sim card. In fact any ATT Sim card can activate an ATT Iphone even an old one that is no longer active.

5. SKIDDW thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can get 3G for voice but not for data I believe on prepaid.

7. SKIDDW thread starter macrumors newbie

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

You can get data on prepaid to work with the iPhone but you need to add a custom APN to the phone.

Data on prepaid is $4.99 for 5MB and $19.99 for 100MB. They used to offer unlimited data for $19.99 but they go rid of that a long time ago.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, those prices are up there:)

10. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

They are. They got rid of unlimited back in January of 2009. The rumor was that too many iPhone users were using it because it was a bit cheaper than having a postpaid iPhone account. That's when they got rid of unlimited and left just those two choices.

They do allow prepaid data to be stacked with up to three packages per month and it does roll over each month as long as you buy a new package for next month before the month ends. This means you can have 300MB built up per month plus your rollover but that will cost you $60 per month for that 300MB.

11. Carlos E macrumors 6502

Carlos E

I have a grandfathered AT&T SIM with $19.99 unlimited data. I've been using it with a 3GS. I want to cut down the SIM and use it in an iPhone 4. I'll have to do the custom APN again.