PREPAID TO iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xleedaniel, Jun 9, 2009.

1. xleedaniel macrumors member

If I'm on a prepaid phone with AT&T, and I want to switch to a 2 year plan with the iphone, do i just have to go to the apple store and port the number?

2. saDeRmac macrumors regular

No you will have to go to an AT&T store. AT&T can convert you prepaid over to postpaid.

Any further questions PM me

3. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i don't think you can keep the same number. when i switched from prepaid to a 2 year contract about two months ago they told me that since i was on prepaid i couldn't use the same number. but i wasn't getting an iPhone so it could be different.

4. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

hey sorry i dont know how to PM here lol...i just made this account. so basically what would happen if i try going to apple, buy the iphone, and set it up there. will they stop me? can i call at the apple store so i can have my transaction go through right away?

and also are there any disadvantages to me when i do this? i called and they said something about not being able to upgrade my phone?

5. saDeRmac macrumors regular

Apple will tell you to go to at&t... Thats all if u want to keep your number and your balance. You can set up brand new number at apple though.