iPad mini Prepare iPad Mini for Selling?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PTVMan, Oct 31, 2013.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I'm about to sell my iPad Mini and have a quick question: other than doing a full backup to iTunes and a restore do I need to do anything special to make sure my Verizon data account is canceled from the iPad? Not sure if I asked that correctly, but you get the drift I hope. Thanks!

2. saketbash macrumors newbie

When selling, I go through several steps with all my Apple devices to ensure complete disconnect from accounts (iCloud, Cellular Data, iMessage, etc). After backing up with iTunes, I do the following:

1. Before doing the restore, I turn off iMessage, Find My iPhone, and iCloud. This is so that Apple recognizes I no longer want those services attached to that device.

2. Remove the sim card (if previously activated). This serves two reasons: a) SIM cards are usually one-time use and therefore likely of no use to the buyer b) This may have been addressed since it was originally announced, but iMessage attaches to the sim card so even after a complete wipe, iMessages were still coming through from the original account.

3. Restore the device back to factory settings (erasing all content and settings).

4. If the device was registered to my account, remove the device from the Support Profile site (supportprofile.apple.com) to completely disconnect it from me as the owner.

Most would likely say all those steps aren't necessary but I prefer to be thorough when the option is available.

Best of luck!