"Prepared for shipment" and previous experiences?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LinMac, Oct 14, 2008.

1. LinMac macrumors 65816

Generally I don't order from Apple directly because they have this infuriating habit of making me sign for packages.

What exactly does "Prepared for shipment" mean in Apple.com store lingo?

Note: I ordered a non-standard Macbook Pro (2.8GHz upgrade + SSD) so I expected it to take longer to ship, but the order status shows prepared for shipment.

2. GCY macrumors regular

it means they're preparing to ship you item?

Basically the item is packed, and waiting for fedex or whoever to pick it up. Apple generally ships item pretty quickly after you order them.

3. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Infuriating habit of making you sign? You don't know what you are talking about.

Do you know what you are signing? It is saying the package has been delivered in the condition it should be. So if you don't sign and the package comes all beaten up Apple could easily say "tough luck".

Check other expensive electronics. I almost didn't buy a HDTV from Newegg because of this issue. Sure this is easier for me because I am at a college that signs for packages if they are delivered in a proper condition.

I know you can pre-sign some products from Apple. I don't know if the new MBPs are one of these products.

On the other hand, I was told 1 week at best, 2 at worst from the Apple rep I talked to.

4. bluecluee macrumors member

5. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Where are you? Mine is saying 3-5 days to ship then up to 5 days to get here.

The rep also told me that ordering through the phone puts your order through to assembly faster than ordering online.

6. LinMac thread starter macrumors 65816

Apple has sent me the shipping notification. It has shipped.

That is insanely fast.. I hope it gets here soon!