Prepared for shipment- for how long?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnnyboy360, Sep 9, 2010.

1. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

so its changed to prepared for shipment only 10 days after initial order, but what i want to know is how long it will take to ship now, maybe another 10 days?

2. uuaschbaer macrumors regular

uuaschbaer

22 hours, in my case. I would check your order page frequentlyish.

3. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

i do! im on it every 5 seconds! one of the guys on this forum said his was stuck on prepared for shipment for 2 days!

4. JanvB0 macrumors newbie

For me it was around 4 hours later that it got the message "shipped on..." and that was half an hour ago :D

5. JesseW436 macrumors newbie

My status changed to "prepared for shipment" this morning and now it's shipped. I was told to expect it on or before next monday. It's shipped via UPS though the tracking info hasn't been updated on their site so I don't know where it's dispatched from.

6. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

im just pissed off cos i cant phone a human! who knows the phone number where i can talk to a human? i just want to know when it will be shipped! its the 7th working day of shipping

7. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Apple Customer Services is 1(800) MY-APPLE just say "I want to talk to a representative" and the automated system will connect you to a CSR.

8. freeme007 macrumors regular

For me, took 8 days to change to prepare for shipment, takes 1 days to ship from KUNSHAN CN to SHANGHAI CN, and its been 30 hrs since first time i saw " in transit SHANGHAI CN" and still says the same thing 30 hrs later. Lord haver mercy, be god with you!

9. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

im in england so it would be kind of expensive to call that number lol ive tried the uk numbers and still nothing.

10. applefied macrumors member

Great, I'm in for a thirty hour wait :p

11. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

phoned them up. turns out it was "delayed" cos of the engraving. wtf..? and yet they said engraving was done on shipping day! never the less they said thursday at the latest which is 2 days later than they said but if it comes on thursday then it will be a brilliant birthday gift that i bought myself!

12. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

Mine was at "Prepared for shipment" for 2-3 days.

Finally, they started shipping it to catch a FedEx flight this morning.

We should remember that FedEx isn't just shipping iProducts.

13. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

mine is now shipped but i dunno who its being shipped by

14. applealex macrumors regular

Mine finally switched to prepared for shipment today after 5 days. However the delivery date is still set at September 15th and I paid for next day shipping so it's likely mine will sit on prepared for shipping until the 14th

15. JesseW436 macrumors newbie

its being shipped by ups from tamworth.

16. Bitcrusher macrumors member

If its UPS I think it must be pretty fast, mine was shipped yesterday from China, and is been sitting like 10 hours now in Alaska, :D

I think it will ship fast because the same day it was shipped, a mexican apple reseller (the most important) twitted that they are getting the new ipods soon, so I think those ipods are coming in the same shipping with mine :p

17. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

tried ups but no luck...is it definetly the tracking number in the email?

18. JesseW436 macrumors newbie

the initial tracking number in the email doesn't work. apple will soon update the tracking number on your status page if they haven't already.

19. applealex macrumors regular

Mine was in the prepared for shipment stage a good day or so. I first noticed it had changed at 3 yesterday and I got an email at 1AM today that my order has shipped

The tracking number they send should work immediately, all mine said at 1AM was that FedEx had gotten the package information but a few hours later is came up as having been picked up from China and currently in transit

20. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

where did you use the tracking number? and i only got a delivery reference number. how or where do i use it?

21. applealex macrumors regular

I got a "Shipment notification" email and it had a neat little "track shipment" button that automatically took me to FedEx's website and my tracking information.

22. johnnyboy360 thread starter macrumors regular

ah ok thanks i havent got that yet but its not likely it will get to me as it arrives monday!