Prepared for Shipment??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AppleFanatic10, Nov 2, 2010.

1. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday night around 716pm I ordered a Refurbished 13.3' MacBook with 2.4GHz 2gb Ram and 250gb (all Refurbished from the apple website). As soon as I paid for it it said "Prepared for Shipment" and right now it still says that it is "Prepared for Shipment". Do you guys know how long it will actually be shipped? I'm assuming since its not a completely new MacBook and its not customized AT ALL that it isn't coming from a warehouse in China and its actually coming from somewhere in the US (hopefully California :]) Anyways for the people that have actually bought a Refurb MacBook, how long did it take for you guys to receive your new laptop?

2. hamlin macrumors regular

It will ship from a plant in the USA. I ordered the same macbook (I live in Canada) and it shipped from someplace near Toronto. Mine arrived at my house 3 days after it was shipped. Honestly you won't even notice a difference between new and refurb. Mine looked like it was never touched before and works perfect.

Hope that kind of helped lol

3. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I'm hoping mine comes here on Friday. I'm VERY excited lol! My old PC died on me over the weekend and I decided to get a macbook since I had the money and needed a new computer desperately. But, since it's shipping from the US shouldn't it be shipped by now? :apple:

4. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

Is this your first Mac? If so, Congrats. I switched back in February and haven't looked back. I have purchased several Apple refurbs and as hamlin pointed out they're indestinguishable from brand new units.

5. hamlin macrumors regular

From Apple.com

"Prepared for Shipment - Your items have already been prepared for shipment and cannot be changed online or by our customer service department. We’ll send you an email when your item(s) have shipped."

I assume it will ship today or tomorrow. They have processed everything and now your macbook is ready to be shipped/loaded onto truck.

Depending on when its shipped, and where its shipped from, it's possible that it could come by Friday.

6. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

YES! First official Mac, I had a Hackintosh but it was soo unstable it was ridiculous! I finally received enough money to buy a macbook and finally had a reason to buy a new computer! Not sure if you can tell but I am VERY excited lol. The suspense is killing me though, can't wait to open that box...:cool:

7. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Just got the email that it is now SHIPPED! But won't get it until the 10th of Nov :(. Hopefully it'll come sooner!

8. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Sorry for the triple post, but according to FEDEX I'll be getting my new laptop on NOV 6, but apple says NOV 10. Which ones usually is right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. hamlin macrumors regular

Apples date is just an estimated date. Fedex dates is probably more accurate seeing as they are the ones delivering your macbook.

10. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Says I won't get another update until around Nov 5th. Hopefully it'll be here by then :rolleyes:...I'll post pics when I DO get it in my hands lol...

Attached Files:

11. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Still says that I'll get an update on Nov 5th. Been checking all day but FEDEX hasn't updated anything since the 3rd :(. What does this mean?

12. hamlin macrumors regular

Man I've had Fedex/Purolator(canadian) update their page a day AFTER I got my package lol. I assume it's on the road right now, seeing as it left PA and is coming to Cali it might take a few days to get there.

13. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Need Macbook now!!! lol

A few days?!? I actually need my laptop now lol! I'm doing projects in Illustrator, InDesign & Photoshop. My mom's netbook can't do any of those things because 1. The screen is too small & 2. She doesn't want anything downloaded on her netbook. Do you think that it will still come by tomorrow like the estimate says?

14. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

15. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

On feded for delivery

:d

Attached Files:

16. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Recieved my MacBook at around 215pm. Was about to have a nervous breakdown earlier :)