Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duckkg5

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Charleston, SC
I've been checking the order status of my 15" unibody MBP compulsively for the past few days. I reloaded the page just now and it says "prepared for shipment." hell yes. I called apple to see how long before it actually arrives and the guy said probably on the 24th or the 25th ... that's fine, but I paid $20 more for 2-3 day shipping. what would the difference have been with standard shipping?

MAGICMOXTER

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2009
I've been checking the order status of my 15" unibody MBP compulsively for the past few days. I reloaded the page just now and it says "prepared for shipment." hell yes. I called apple to see how long before it actually arrives and the guy said probably on the 24th or the 25th ... that's fine, but I paid $20 more for 2-3 day shipping. what would the difference have been with standard shipping?

If you read the Apple websites shipping terms and conditions you will see a shipping day only counts as a working day (monday to friday) so actually with the 2-3 day shipping a date of the 24th is about accurate, but Apple always over estimates on delivery dates, and I think yours will arrive on the 23rd as long as you only ordered the machine, and didn't ask for any extras such as Applecare, Adaptors, Bags or Preinstalled Software which usually delays the delivery process by 1 day or 24 hours.

duckkg5

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Charleston, SC
If you read the Apple websites shipping terms and conditions you will see a shipping day only counts as a working day (monday to friday) so actually with the 2-3 day shipping a date of the 24th is about accurate, but Apple always over estimates on delivery dates, and I think yours will arrive on the 23rd as long as you only ordered the machine, and didn't ask for any extras such as Applecare, Adaptors, Bags or Preinstalled Software which usually delays the delivery process by 1 day or 24 hours.

I kinda figured they might do that so when it comes a day early I'll be pleasantly surprised. It's in transit from Shanghai now!

duckkg5

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Charleston, SC
It's here. I'm typing from my new 15" unibody MBP. You were right, it came a day early! This thing is unbelievable.:D

duckkg5

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Charleston, SC
And why are there no pics? Every new mac needs pics yanno!

Here you go! I'm at work in my sad cubicle so I have to use my iPhone to take pics. I love this computer.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 100

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
This makes me so anxious! My new Unibody MBP is scheduled for delivery on the 25th via overnight shipping and I can hardly wait!!

Congrats on the new machine!

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
Why didnt you just pick one up at the store? They have plenty. Unless you wanted the 2.8ghz I suppose.

duckkg5

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Charleston, SC
Why didnt you just pick one up at the store? They have plenty. Unless you wanted the 2.8ghz I suppose.

I used the Apple Student Developer discount and got $400 off (well, $300 if you include the $99 student dev membership fee). I didn't bother checking in stores because the closest apple store was 2 hours away and didn't think you can apply those discounts in store. Maybe you can? I dunno. I got my MBP and i'm ecstatic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.