"Prepared for Shipment"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aaquib, Apr 7, 2009.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Just wondering about how long it should take, as I ordered it yesterday and it was estimated to take 3-5 to ship and then an additional 2-5 days to arrive.

Today, I see "Prepared for shipment". Does that mean it could ship tomorrow or even maybe today?

Also, not sure where this should've been posted, so please change if necessary.

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

It means 24 hours before changing to shipped
    Remember it may already be tomorrow in China
    Enjoy

3. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Sweeet! :D

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

OMG! What did you order?!?!? :p

5. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

The 1.6/SSD rev A MBA. I didn't end up going to the Apple Store to test it out, but was convinced that I didn't really need the extra 200mhz.

Thanks for all the help with my decision. I can't wait :D

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Sweet! Keep us posted! Oh, and speck has their air hardshells on sale ubercheap (like $11 vs $50 if you use code buddy25) right now. I'm seeing no extra heat issues with it on.

7. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Thanks for the code! My main (and now, only) concern is that it's going to be too loud or too warm. I remember how it was on a 2.16 Blackbook as soon as I started watching a Youtube video. And this MacBook has been amazing in terms of heat and noise, so hopefully the MBA will be the same :)

Also, just wondering...Did you end up buying CoolBook with it? And, at what speeds do your fans spin at?

Thanks,
    Aaquib

8. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I did go with coolbook. I'm insanely paranoid about the whole heat thing (for no reason other than I like being paranoid :cool:). I went with the settings this blogger worked out: http://plasmadesign.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/macbook-air-core-shutdown/ and the fan(s?) very rarely come on, even with the speck case. I figured I'd break down and learn something tinkering with the plasmadesign settings only if I had to :D

9. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

10. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

No :( Tomorrow before noon. It's in Canada right now, but apparently was stuck at customs all morning. I won't be home in the morning though, so I'm going to have to pick it up on the way home from school. I'm so anxious :p

11. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

how about

when you get it, take some pictures of a simple ''unboxing''! that'd be pretty sweet:cool:

12. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Heh. That blogger's got it wrong though. It's called undervolting, not underclocking. Coolbook in no way changes the clock speed of your processor, only the voltage. So Your machine will perform exactly as before, except at a lower voltage, and thus cooler.

I own a copy on my white Macbook and it is excellent.

13. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

I actually only have my iPhone camera. I might as well try, but they'll look pretty bad.

Good to hear! I was hesitant to purchase CoolBook as I expected it to lower the processor speed. It will now be a day 1 purchase for me :)

14. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

me tooo!:D

15. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

:D Will keep you posted!

16. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

Just got my MacBook Air today! So far, I love it. It's sooo slim, and the SSD really makes things fast. Also, just from first impressions, the screen on this is awesome! Much, much better viewing angles and much of the refection from the display no longer exists.

17. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

congrats on a good purchase