Preparing an iPhone for Genius Bar?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by frozencarbonite, Jul 23, 2010.

1. frozencarbonite macrumors 6502

frozencarbonite

I have a 3GS that either needs replaced or repaired. I'm going to take it to the Apple Store to see what they will do. It's still under Applecare.

My question is: Do I need to restore the iPhone to factory settings first before taking it to them so that they can't access my data if they have to keep it? I don't like the idea of them possibly accessing my data.

What are you experiences with your iPhone at the "Genius" bar?

2. liambre macrumors newbie

Theres no need to wipe your data, they'll do that infront of you if they need the phone.

Make sure you make a backup of your data (obviously) before you go.

I went to the Genius Bar recently, really nice people and no problems. They changed my phone straight away and were very helpful. Genius! :D

3. Shwonx macrumors member

I've been fortunate enough to have the lovely NO SERVICE problem for the last few days. Making the trip to an applestore now.

What od I need to bring with me in order ot get a replacement? Do I need an original sales reciept, becuase I don't have one...

EDIT: I have a 3gs.

4. liambre macrumors newbie

No need for a receipt, they'll check the sale date of phone via the serial number. If the phone needs replacing, they replace the phone; nothing else. (so don't worry about the accessories)

5. Shwonx macrumors member

6. Shwonx macrumors member

Was 40 minutes late for my appointment, they made a new one and replaced my phone!! :)