iPhone Preparing for iOS6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by King Bowser, Aug 15, 2012.

1. King Bowser macrumors regular

I have a jailbroken 4s. I am thinking of updating to iOS 6 thus unjailbreaking my phone.. I think I can live with this until an untethered jailbreak comes out. What do I need to do so I can jailbreak again in the future without any problems. I've known people who update to a new version , lose the jailbreak and try to jailbreak again and it won't let them or there is a complication.

Thanks.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Restore to iOS 6 and set up as new when it comes out. Then you'll have to wait until the JB is out which could be awhile.

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The only thing you need to do is make sure your 5.1.1 hashes are saved (especially in light of the fact you apparently can't patiently wait for a completely functional iOS6 jailbreak solution)

4. King Bowser thread starter macrumors regular

My apologies.

I am willing to wait for a TETHERED jailbreak. I am pretty patient when it comes to this. :)

----------

So just restore iphone , update to ios6 and wait for new jailbreak and jailbreak as new ?

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Yes, correct. iOS 6 should be out some time next month.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

jailbreak for 6.0 the 4s might be a while. tethered jailbreak for the the 3GS and 4 is always there because of the limera1n exploit which is hardware related exploit not found in A5 devices.

7. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

I have a jailbroken iPod Touch (standalone - not synced with a computer), and I plan on switching to a new device in September (whatever Apple happens to announce). When I login with my iCloud account, everything will transfer accept the jailbreak right? Thanks. :)

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Whatever items you have selected in iCloud in Settings are backed up and can be re-installed.