Preparing for shipment!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Irock619, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Finally a status change on my iPhone 7 + Black 256GB order placed Sept 15th from Apple. When do you think I should start to see tracking info? Also do you think Apple has stock in the U.S. now or do you think the second round of phones are still shipping from China? Also this is my first trade-in experience with ATT. When I get the new phone I guess ATT will send me a box and label to return my 6s+. Anybody care to share their experience with ATT and trade-ins? Anything I need to be aware of?

2. lostnuke macrumors newbie

Tracking info should arrive in 2 days or so. I believe stock is still coming from China.

3. redman042 macrumors 68020

Word of advice: Since you didn't order on Sept 9, you are not getting free expedited shipping. I'm in the same boat, and found that the initial UPS delivery date estimate was bogus. Your tracking info will probably change several times and not make a lot of sense. Don't rely on it, and don't count on the first delivery date estimate you get from UPS. The date range Apple provides, which is more conservative, is probably right.

My phone showed Shipped on Sunday evening, was originally quoted by UPS for delivery today, but that date has disappeared and the package is still in Korea (or China, I can't tell for sure). I expect at this point it will land in the US tomorrow and then get to me on Monday or Tuesday.

I expect Apple will make their quoted date. Just don't get your expectations up for an early delivery.

4. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

You are correct. I got tracking info last night.

Thanks but that is the pre order thread. I did not pre order ;)

Just got tracking last night. Delivery was quoted on the 12th via UPS tracking. Apple is quoting delivery on the 13th. None of this matters I think because I changed delivery option to have my package held at my local UPS customer center. I bet I get it on the evening of the 11th :)

5. redman042 macrumors 68020

Well mine is arriving today now. So after my post yesterday, things finally started happening and they happened quite quickly. Hang in there!

6. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

Just got this message from UPS :(

"A mechanical failure has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.
    Exception Resolution: Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."