Preparing For Shipping vs. Processing COMMON SENSE ANSWER THREAD

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stulaw11, Sep 19, 2015.

1. stulaw11 Suspended

PLEASE USE COMMON SENSE

Some phones are still processing because they can only pack and label so many boxes per day. A load gets labeled and on a plane. The next load gets labeled tomorrow and on a plane. On and on until likely the 23rd for the launch day phones.

I dont know why everyone suddenly lacks common sense. You can't label 5 million boxes in 1 day. There HAS to be a staggered schedule of x per day labeled and put to "Preparing For Shipment"

YOU STILL HAVE A GOOD 4 DAYS LEFT TO GET SHIPPED OUT.

People seriously need to relax and stop freaking out and starting new threads about order status. The time to panick is if you have no tracking on Thursday, not today.

Hopefully this gets stickied to alleviate the same question over and over with people freaking out about their order status and tracking. Use some common sense people.

2. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

But what if it doesn't arrive in time due to the Pope's visit?? :eek:

Glassed Silver:mac

3. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

As a veteran who has done this many times for many years, I can say with absolute certainty that 99.9% of those who have a 9/25 delivery date will indeed get their phone that day. And you're right, it doesn't matter if you're first to get shipping status changed, the phones will still all get delivered that day. But it doesn't matter how many times you reiterate it, the obsessed and impatient will still freak out.

Personally, I just sit back and relax. When my phone has shipped, I do a "hold for pickup" option with the carrier, and I go pick up my phone at my leisure on launch day.

4. invisibleshoes macrumors regular

Yes thank you OP. Watch out though, here comes the pitchforks lol.

5. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

Common sense is not something you find in the iPhone forum from keynote to delivery date. It calms down about two weeks after.

It's like a bout of the runs. Just grit your teeth and ride it out.

6. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

You seem to fail to understand that few of us who are "panicking" [sic] don't doubt that we will get our phones on Friday but we enjoy the tradition of watching our devices go through the process and chatting on the forum with other enthusiasts. Obviously I don't speak for everyone but that is what I feel and what I gather many others feel.

We know we're going to get our phones on Friday, we know. (Well, other than those in PA and NY). What we are disappointed about is that we don't get to participate in any of the fun that takes place in the meantime.

7. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

This thread will be locked before it is stickied. That is common sense. ;)

8. stulaw11 thread starter Suspended

Which is sad considering the pages and pages of multiple threads of OMG OMG OMG MY PHONE IS STILL PROCESSING OMG I WONT GET IT.

It's nearly a freaking week in advance still. I guess everyone wants to pay an extra $200 per device to hire more workers to box their devices faster for the warm fuzzy feeling of a tracking number 6 days in advance that STILL wont deliver until the 25th.

9. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Have you had any problems with "Hold for Pickup". I've always wanted to try it but I'm always worried something will happen and it gets jammed up somewhere.

10. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

No, as long as you do it well enough in advance. If you wait until the day of, you could get caught in limbo. I also have it held at the corporate shipper store, not one of the third party stores.

11. bueller1 macrumors 6502

Lol me too. Makes me paranoid. Feel like I'm better off just letting it get delivered on its intended route

12. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

I wouldn't care except for the horror stories everyone has had with pre orders such as their card thinking its fraud, order not going through, system errors, Verizon reps cancelling their orders, ect. It's always safe to keep on top of this stuff because some of the people who consistently check catch something wrong, and fixes it successfully before it causes delay

13. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

That moment when all the orders get canceled you're forced to use a flip phone for a year

14. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

At least I wouldn't have to wait two weeks for my Razr!

15. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I had a black Moto Razr. Thing was siiiiicccckkk. Good times, man. Good times

16. flur macrumors 68000

I've never had a problem. I've had stuff held at my local store (the truck delivers there around 10am but not to my house until after 6pm) and that's still never caused a delay. You just have to (a) sign up for MyChoice, and (b) make the change before the package arrives at your local hub.

The first time you do it, it can feel like you've screwed up your delivery, as it puts the package into pending status and the delivery window disappears. It can take a while for the change to go through their system - couple hours even. But I've done it a number of times now and have never had a package delayed.

17. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

I'm processing, but to be fair to us, I haven't seen one person freak out.

18. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Gee! I hope the pilot on my plane knows how to get from China to Memphis!!

19. thatpluslife macrumors regular

thatpluslife

haha seriously.