Preparing for the new Mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by LaloG, Oct 30, 2018.

1. LaloG macrumors member

Plan on looking at the new minis and the IMac for the wife. She’s a photographer. What display,keyboard and mouse would you all recommend for a mini? Thanks.

2. 570934 Suspended

Keep it simple and just stick with the Apple set

3. EightyTwenty macrumors 6502a

Apple keyboard, Apple mouse or MX Master mouse from Logitech, and the LG 4K display.

My 2 cents.

4. Boil macrumors 6502

Boil

For a keyboard that matches the Apple aesthetic, but provides backlighting, check Matias...

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Oct 30, 2018 ---
    I wish Apple would make Apple-branded displays again...

5. PowerGala macrumors regular

PowerGala

If the new Mac mini is what I hope it is, I'm looking at a Das Keyboard 4 Pro (Mac), a new Apple Mouse and a new 32 inch 4k Monitor. I'm looking at either a Samsung and an LG monitor. Your wife may not like giant mechanical keyboards, so the Apple Keyboard with the keypad is fine for most people.

I'll be moving my Razer MMO mouse to my Mac to play World of Warcraft and getting a new mouse for my PC.

6. dwfaust macrumors 603

dwfaust

In my experience, the Mathias keyboard is crap. I looks nice, but did not perform well. If you want that look, pay the Apple tax and buy the Apple space gray keyboard and mouse.

7. Boil macrumors 6502

Boil

Damn, the backlighting was the draw for me...

If I could find a nice backlit (mechanical would be nice, but not a deal breaker) keyboard that is an actual Mac keyboard...

8. LaloG thread starter macrumors member

What specific monitors from LG or Samsung will you be getting? The new Mac mini that was just announced looks solid. I think I’ll be sticking with the apple mouse and keyboard. Like someone above said, “keep it simple”.

9. Boil macrumors 6502

Boil

Might as well just go for one of the Apple-approved LG TB3 displays, built-in webcam & speakers & such...

10. PowerGala macrumors regular

PowerGala

11. LaloG thread starter macrumors member

12. inmnbob macrumors regular

Need recommendations for a FaceTime camera/mic?

13. Hoff macrumors member

Oh man, same here.
    Was at the Mac store, looking at 27" iMac. Beautiful display. Then looked at the 4K and 5K LG displays they had hooked up to the Mac Minis - they did not even compare.

14. user_xyz macrumors regular

user_xyz

I do.

15. Ploki macrumors 68040

They use the exact same panels.
    iMac Pro, iMac and LG UltraFine 5k.

16. jean512 macrumors member

+1 this keyboard is crap, the keys are so cheap ! You have to press right in the middle of the key to trigger it. The backlight has too much leak under keys imo. And from my experience the bluetooth was lagging when I switch from my Mac to my windows pc.
    I went back with the apple keyboard.

17. Hoff macrumors member

Interesting. There was definitely a visual difference though. Maybe the LG is Matte and iMac Pro is not? LG didn't look as crisp.

18. Ploki macrumors 68040

shouldn't be and shouldn't look fuzzy, unless it was running at wrong resolution