Preparing Jailbroken 2.2.1 for 3.0

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MattZani, Jun 16, 2009.

1. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

So, do i just upgrade it from the Jailbroken 2.2.1? Or Should i wipe restore? Restore from Back Up? Confused now :p

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

i think that if you were to just update to the 3.0 there may be some components left over from the jailbreak, i'd wait till quickpwn came out with a 3.0 compatible version (if you want to stay jailbroken) but if you want a complete install no JB then you are goignt o have to erase settings from the phone and then restore from the 3.0

3. journalistroy macrumors newbie

Not sure how to do this, my first attempt to seek info from MacRumors. Wondering if anyone has heard about the AT&T contract expiring?

Thanks

Roy

4. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

You mean their exclusivity? Its through 2010, but they'll probably try to re-negotiate it. But this is really not the thread for this.

5. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Do a full DFU restore to 2.2.1, then update to 3.0 through iTunes, so nothing is left behind. Wait for a Jailbreak (QuickPwn would be easier) to be released by the Dev Team then pwn it.

On a side note, I'm not really sure about DFU restoring... I think DFU has been disabled in iTunes 8.2. The Dev Team are supposed to be releasing a fix in the next version of QuickPwn.

I think I'll be waiting this out, I don't want any of my favourite apps (App Store and Jailbreak) to not work on 3.0.

But never upgrade from a Jailbreak. Unless you want to loose 500mb+ of your storage.

6. imfrog2002 macrumors 6502

Full DFU restore? What?!? Can't you just run a "restore and update" to 3.0? That's what I'm planning on...