Preparing MacBook to sell but have a question

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by boncey, Apr 24, 2011.

1. boncey macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm selling my 2007 White MacBook.

In line with most of the suggestions on this forum I've securely wiped the drive and done a re-install but have hit a problem.

The machine came with OS X 10.4 Tiger but I've since upgraded it to Leopard then Snow Leopard.

Ideally I'd like to give the new owner the new MacBook experience with the spinning Welcome text but I'd also like to stick them on the latest Snow Leopard.
    The problem is, when I do a fresh install of Snow Leopard the machine won't have the iLife applications (they are on the original Tiger install disks).

Is there a way I can get the iLife apps on there without needing to set up an account on the machine?

If not, what's the best thing to do?
    Setting up an account is something I'd rather not do (I know I'd be annoyed if I bought a second-hand MacBook and it already had an account on it).
    On the other hand installing Tiger and giving them the upgrade disks also seems a bit poor too.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

So I'm assuming you can't just install the newest one then give them the disks that would allow them to install iLife? Or you could just not install iLife... seems like that would make your life a lot easier; it isn't that expensive either so they wouldnt' really be missing out on something... and I don't think the inclusion nor retention of iLife would sway a person either way :)

3. ratzzo, Apr 24, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011

ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Make a copy of the iLife CD?

Edit: Ah sorry you mentioned they are inside Tiger CD. Well, I don't know, I wouldn't like to open up the Mac and see that it doesn't have many of the programs I'd expect it to have. Perhaps someone you know has an iLife CD? I think it's preferible to sell it with the latest OS though.