Preparing to ship iPhone what should i write down?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleguy123, Jul 22, 2009.

1. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I recently sold my iPhone on eBay and was wondering if there are any parts of info i need to write down before i ship it off to upgrade to my 3gS. If it matters i will be using someelses subsidy for it.

2. whitebook macrumors regular

dont think you need to write anything down, maybe just ther serial number just incase you need it somehow, i dunno lol. just make sure you have it well covered when shipping and SIGN FOR DELIVERY!!!!!!!!

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Make sure you ship to a "confirmed address" otherwise eBay/PayPal will not insure your iPhone. Confirm with PayPal that you are receiving payment or that it has already been received, (never use an email from PayPal to confirm your receipt of payment, b/c PayPal emails are almost always FAKE, sign into your PayPal account or call PayPal). Take as many pictures as you can of your iPhone with a newspaper with today's date. Are there any scratches or dings that you've noted, if so take pics. Take your SIM card out, b/c the new owner must get their own SIM card. Always insure the iPhone and get a signature of the person you sold it to for receipt and have them send you a copy with the buyer's signature. Have you made phone contact with the buyer? That's always important. Good luck.....:cool::cool::cool:

4. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

did all of that except for the newpaper thing but that is a good idea! i will get on that tomorrow err later today :p

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sounds like you are good to go. Keep us posted.....:cool::cool::cool:

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The only thing I did is take pictures of the unit, off and on, to show the unit was functioning and no scratches. I make sure signature is required on all ebay sales and only deal with confirmed addresses.

Good luck

7. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

I plan to use my uncles subsidy to buy the 3gS but dont want to add a data plan to the account. AT&T told me it was possible on the phone but i could not understand the woman on the phone completely through her thick indian accent :p. so how would i go about this?

8. courtney.bella macrumors member

courtney.bella

Then whoever told you that was wrong. To activate an iPhone, you MUST have a data plan. It's as simple as that.

9. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

the iphone would have a data plan on my line... is that okay?

10. courtney.bella macrumors member

courtney.bella

Oh! Just go in with the phone that you'll be putting on the line you're using to upgrade with, and tell them you want the iPhone on your line, and whatever other phone on the line you're upgrading with. I did that, and all they did was switch it around.

11. appleguy123 thread starter macrumors 603

appleguy123

is it okay that i dont have my iphone anymore?