Presentation and office editing apps on ipad

mfaz91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Hi guys i need some recommendations apps for presentation on powerpoint. Would be presenting on my ipad.Also apps for editing microsoft office documents. Thanks

gpsouza

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2012
Lisbon
Hum... Maybe Apple Keynote and Pages? They're the apple software for these things. The problem is that they're quite expensive if buying together.

The cheaper office editing app that i know is Office^2 HD, never used though, worth 5,99€, maybe 6,99US$?

Comment

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Hum... Maybe Apple Keynote and Pages? They're the apple software for these things. The problem is that they're quite expensive if buying together.

The cheaper office editing app that i know is Office^2 HD, never used though, worth 5,99€, maybe 6,99US$?
"Quite expensive"?

They're $10 each, so $20 if you need Word and Keynote functionality.

Comment

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Wish MicroSoft and Apple would play nice. I would pay over $100 for a full MS Office Suite for iPad. It is opne of the things I would like to see the most. You could get real work done

Comment

poloponies

Suspended
May 3, 2010
Wish MicroSoft and Apple would play nice. I would pay over $100 for a full MS Office Suite for iPad. It is opne of the things I would like to see the most. You could get real work done
Has nothing to do with playing nicely or not, MS is dragging its butt, likely because it wants to utilize a web-based solution. They've created other apps for the iPad but they have some scheme in mind for Office that's keeping them from releasing a iPad version anytime soon.

Comment

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
The only solution I've found that works perfectly is SlideShark. You have to use their special iPad app and first upload your PPT/PPTX to their service and then they 'transform' it into a SlideShark app. The service is free (although I'm doubtful it will remain so forever), but the one really nice feature is that they preserve 100% of your PPT animations, fonts, etc.

Second vote goes to Keynote, but there are many fonts/media/animations that don't transfer at all when you take your pres from PPT to Keynote. If its simple stuff, though, that's a nice way to handle it.

I have bought a couple of slide presentation apps from the App store but they are pretty much half-a$$ed attempts. Projector showed some early promise but its been buggy as heck since iOS 5.

Try SlideShark...its free (for now).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.