Presentation and office editing apps on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mfaz91, Jan 1, 2012.

1. mfaz91 macrumors newbie

Hi guys i need some recommendations apps for presentation on powerpoint. Would be presenting on my ipad.Also apps for editing microsoft office documents. Thanks

2. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

Hum... Maybe Apple Keynote and Pages? They're the apple software for these things. The problem is that they're quite expensive if buying together.

The cheaper office editing app that i know is Office^2 HD, never used though, worth 5,99€, maybe 6,99US$?

3. Zuhanden macrumors newbie

Try Presentation Link

You could also try Presentation Link. You need to save your PPT as a PDF prior to importing the presentation though.

Find more info on www.presentation-link.com

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

"Quite expensive"?

They're $10 each, so $20 if you need Word and Keynote functionality.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Wish MicroSoft and Apple would play nice. I would pay over $100 for a full MS Office Suite for iPad. It is opne of the things I would like to see the most. You could get real work done

6. poloponies macrumors 68030

Has nothing to do with playing nicely or not, MS is dragging its butt, likely because it wants to utilize a web-based solution. They've created other apps for the iPad but they have some scheme in mind for Office that's keeping them from releasing a iPad version anytime soon.

7. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

The only solution I've found that works perfectly is SlideShark. You have to use their special iPad app and first upload your PPT/PPTX to their service and then they 'transform' it into a SlideShark app. The service is free (although I'm doubtful it will remain so forever), but the one really nice feature is that they preserve 100% of your PPT animations, fonts, etc.

Second vote goes to Keynote, but there are many fonts/media/animations that don't transfer at all when you take your pres from PPT to Keynote. If its simple stuff, though, that's a nice way to handle it.

I have bought a couple of slide presentation apps from the App store but they are pretty much half-a$$ed attempts. Projector showed some early promise but its been buggy as heck since iOS 5.

Try SlideShark...its free (for now).