Presentation like webex or gotomypc

Discussion in 'macOS' started by j00d, Feb 11, 2011.

1. j00d macrumors member

Hello,

I'm fairly new to Mac's so I would like some recommendations on who has the best presentation capability for OS X like webex or gotomypc.

The presentation will be to several guests in different locations. Audio support isn't important as regular teleconferencing will be used, but it would be nice to have video support (half-duplex being ok).

Thanks for any help,

j00d

2. thankins macrumors 6502

My first suggestion is gotomeeting.com or join.me

3. j00d thread starter macrumors member

thanks after some stumbling around in google, this adobe service seems interesting:

http://www.adobe.com/acom/connectnow/

it runs in flash (i think) so it's very likely you won't have to ask your guests to download any software, they could just run it in their browser. which is huge, because i think people really appreciate a near clientless type service.

it doesn't look like there's any video support at all though, which is a puzzling bummer since the vast majority of cam sites on the internet use flash

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I prefer using TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use.

You can set up browser-based presentations quickly.... and it's free.

5. j00d thread starter macrumors member

i think every time i've used teamviewer on windows, there were 3 different warnings that it was only free for non-commercial use. is the licensing different for platforms?

also, when i went to investigate what their licensing options are, it was definitely not meant for small organizations, it was a big mess of expensive plans

6. GGJstudios, Feb 11, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2011

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is free for non-commercial use. If you simply want to make presentations or remotely control one computer at a time, you can use the free version. The commercial versions include branding and remotely controlling multiple computers, logging connection time for billing, etc.

I found this on the TeamViewer site: