Presentation set up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Big Shisha, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Big Shisha macrumors member

I'm helping a friend during his wedding tomorrow, he wants me to show some pic on the screen, this is fine, I'm using keynote, great.
    I've now been asked by the father of the bride to show a video during his speech, which will be full screen.
    The question is, what is the best way to do this? I mean I can switch applications in between the speeches, but then my desktop will show on the screen(just the standard Lion one), no biggie, but it will look messy.

Is it best to put everything into one keynote with maybe a blank slide in between and just run that? or can I hide the output quickly?

Any ideas?

2. ghcoleman macrumors newbie

Movie in Keynote

You can include movie in keynote. However you have to do that from your MAC (I use MBP).

From your iPAD save your presentation to iDisk. Open it from iDisk on your MAC. Add the video and save it back to iDisk. Go back to your iPAD and open a presentation from iDisk. You can then edit the movie with custom builds if you want on your iPAD. I do this at least once each week.

Note: I do all pf my keynote creation from my iPAD. the only step I use my MBP for is to add the movie. I haven't tried adding a movie from my picture album, but that may work. If so you can skip the MAC step above

3. Big Shisha thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the swift reply! Apologies, I'm on a MBP not an iPad.

4. ghcoleman macrumors newbie

Movies in Keynote on MBP

Even better (that you are on MBP); it can all be done from one source.

Just open the media inspector and naviagate to your movie. Then drag and drop it on your keynote.

What I like to do is add a totally black background behind the video. You can size the video by dragging the corners. Use the build optiond to determine whether to start with a click, or some other option.

Done lots of weddings for family and friends, so I know how much you want this to be perfect and all the pressure to meet deadlines. Good Luck

5. Big Shisha thread starter macrumors member