Presentation Software on the Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by .fred, Oct 24, 2010.

1. .fred macrumors regular

Hey guys,

So I've been using Keynote for about 4 years now, and somehow it's just not doing it as it did say 2 years back for me anymore.

I understand that Flash is another avenue to look into for presentations, is that right?

Or is there anything else out there at the moment?

Thanks,
    Frederick :apple:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Depends on the presentation. If it's a kiosk-style item, then maybe... but in terms of presenter's tools, then perhaps not. It's also not a tool that is particularly user-friendly.

Two questions: What's wrong with Keynote as it is and for your purposes? And why not take a look at the new Powerpoint in MS Office 2011? Some people I know that use Powerpoint regularly say that this recent upgrade is the business.

3. .fred thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Thanks for the prompt replies!

Well I'd say Keynote's becoming increasingly popular, and the presentations just don't exactly seem exclusive anymore. Not that it's an issue, but surely there's a way to make my presentations stand out again?

Thanks!

4. abc123 macrumors 6502

I've just finished my first presentation using prezi.

If you are looking for something with some wow value it is excellent but it is also very constricted so might not suit you at all. You can't pick fonts and text colours except from a limited set of prebuilt themes for example.

It is also expensive but if you are a student/teacher you can get a free educational licence to use the online builder.

5. gks macrumors 6502

Make your own themes or purchase some?