Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nGoldenm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
I had the chance to play around with Keynote the other day in our computer labs at the university, and needless to say, I was blown away. I'm used to PowerPoint and Keynote was much more, shall I say, savvy. I would LOVE to use Keynote when I buy my new MBP here shortly, but I have one major concern.

When I have to do presentations, the projectors in the classrooms are usually not easily accessible. So I will probably not be able to bring my computer. All of the computers in the classrooms are Windows PCs. So, I pretty much need something that I can store on a jump drive (or something similar) and access from the Windows PCs.

So my question is this: What would be the best option to use for needs? I know there is MS Office, NeoOffice, and OpenOffice. And I guess Keynote, but I have a sinking feeling that it will not be compatible with Windows. Are there any others out there that I'm not aware of? Which is the most comparable (if any) to Keynote? Which can transfer to PowerPoint the best (besides PowerPoint itself of course)? Which is the most user friendly?

I know that's a lot of questions at once, but I would like to figure this out. I appreciate it a lot.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
From keynote you can export your slideshow to powerpoint, but a lot of the time the transitions won't play properly in powerpoint, but if you keep your presentations fairly simple when you know you will need to use powerpoint you would be ok with keynote and it would be much better than powerpoint when you are able to use your own computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.