Presentation

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nickarmadillo, Jun 9, 2009.

1. nickarmadillo macrumors regular

I have a short presentation due tomorrow for class, but right now I can't seem to come up with an interesting topic. The topic needs to be business related (if only somewhat) and the presentation needs to be 3-5 minutes in length. Examples of past presentations include how to taste wine, how to set a table for a business dinner, how to write/format a press release, etc. Any ideas? I have a few, but they all seem like they would take more than 3-5 min to explain. Thanks for the help.

2. eMac4ever macrumors regular

eMac4ever

Maybe you could talk about the effects of the financial meltdown on your local community/area? It is always interesting to make something that's a little abstract more concrete. :) I would think that you would be able to get three minutes out of that.

3. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Marijuana legalization/decriminalization/illegality it's very easy to do

4. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Maybe discuss how office politics affect the workplace; especially in the current economic climate.

5. nickarmadillo thread starter macrumors regular

I actually thought about that one, but as this is a graduate course I decided against it. I also thought about presenting a critical analysis of Obama and his corporatist policies, but on a higher-education campus that might be grounds for expulsion ;)

6. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

How about giving a few brief tips on how to prepare for and make a good presentation or speech? This would have relevance to everyone, and would probably hold their interest because public speaking is so threatening to many people and they are not very good at it initially.