Presenting a new marvel: Fruit Rock ! :)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by AdMaiora, Oct 15, 2012.

1. AdMaiora, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012

AdMaiora macrumors newbie

Hi! I'm Nicola of Ad Maiora Studio, an Italian indie team winner of the National chapter of the Global Game Jam 2011.

We would like to introduce Fruit Rocks, the game of which we are very proud and cost us almost a year of hard work.

Fruit Rocks is an action game in which you have to use physics to your advantage; defend the planet from the invasion of (surprise, surprise) angry badass aliens. If you enjoyed Angry Birds, you'll fall in love with our game! :)

The goal is to kill as many aliens you can before it's too late. To do this, you'll have to throw them the lethal fruits situated in the trees or slice the ropes that hold the flying rocks (yeah, who cares about nuclear weapon when you have nutrient but deadly fruits).

[​IMG]

Fruit Rocks is available for any device: iOS (iPhone + iPad), Android, Windows Phone 7 and Casio Scientific Calculators (only fw 3.23+) :p

It features 28 levels with boss fights, nice graphics and effects, funny audio and a lovable soundtrack.

Here you can find the trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q80PorLGyTQ

Fruit Rocks official page:
    http://bit.ly/P4pSc7

Here you have the link to the Apple AppStore: http://bit.ly/T4Ej0R

We want to pick your opinion to improve future’ Ad Maiora games, so comment and suggest how you feel about the game!

Enjoy Fruit Rocks then like us on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/admaioragames). Have fun! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Nicola “NiG” | Ad Maiora Studio

2. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Let me get this straight, Angry Birds rips off countless games for an annoying and worthless piece of software and then you copy them (and it took a year???)? Good job, but polishing a turd won't make it a diamond.

3. *nix macrumors newbie

It essentially looks like Angry Birds but different characters and imagery.

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Rude much?

5. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

Wow it looks awesome. Definitely will check it out.

6. AdMaiora thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying guys :)

Well, it might look like Angry Birds, but actually the gameplay is very different.
    You have an automatic side-scrolling scenario, moving enemies with different behaviour, varying levels and almost unlimited items to use.

This is a casual action game, while Angry Birds is not, as far as I am concerned ;)

I'm inviting you to just try the free version ;)

BYE,

-NiG

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'd say the same if they were ripping off any game, but ripping off a ripoff really grands my gears....as does using a forum for advertising purposes.

8. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Have you downloaded it and played it? Game play seems a lot different from Angry Birds.

Its a bit out of order criticizing someone who's spent a year working on a new game.

9. AdMaiora, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012

AdMaiora thread starter macrumors newbie

I would be happy to give you a promo code, Interstella5555, if you want. Just write me. Then I'll be happy to listen to all your suggestions ;)

thanks,

-NiG

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Again, you're missing the point, I wouldn't go leave them a negative review on the App store, nor would I start a new thread about how these guys are ripping off people who rip people off. They opened the door when they shamelessly advertised their game here that is not original and, I'm sorry, but the length of time spent on a project in no way reflects the quality of it.

11. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

The internet is full of jerks, i'm sorry AdM. I actually went and played your game and thought it was very fun and polished.

In terms of gameplay it's nothing like angry birds and to call it a ripoff is ignorant. Trollers gonna troll. If you consider the slingshot mechanic as unique to angry birds than you're a lost soul. This game has several mechanics that angry birds does not have.

Great graphics and the side scrolling aspect of it keeps me really glued to the action on the screen. Clever gameplay.

12. AdMaiora thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for supporting us, I'm really happy that you like our game :) Let me know whether you have any suggestion or criticism.

However, we didn't want any polemic to take place anyway !