Presenting over the internet / keynote limitations

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by lucidmedia, Sep 25, 2009.

1. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

I have a presentation made in keynote '09 file. The presentation is fairly simple, but has a lot of graphics and contains several quicktime movies.

It looks like I will no longer be able to make my presentation in person, so I am interested in presenting over a combination of phone and internet.

I was hoping to get this working via the Adobe Connect platform, but that requires either PPT or SWF. Sadly, the presentation does not export cleanly into Powerpoint format. I was also *pleased* to note that Keynote 09 no longer allows you to export to SWF. Apple removed this feature since iWork '08.

So, I am stuck with either an interactive quicktime presentation, or a service that supports keynote. Not good.

Has anyone worked with Adobe Captivate for creating streaming presentations? Its currently PC only, but there is a mac beta.

Or, can anyone suggest some good online presentation services that work with Keynote? I am not so much looking to simply share my slides, but to control the pacing of the presentation while i give it remotely.

thanks!

(oh, the clients will not have ichat, so mac-based screen-sharing is not an option)

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant