Preserving A Used Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Statusnone88, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

So I ordered the PowerSupport front and back film set. Came out to 31 bucks with shipping. I'm not completely disappointed with it, but I want to try other protectors to see how they compare.

Is it possible to preserve the screen protector? Like if I we're to take it off and somehow find a way to keep it on something else (I already threw away the backing it came on :() would it still be usable in the future if I wanted to go back to it? I just can't see throwing away 31 dollars.

Maybe other people have tried this before so any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

I used press-n-seal plastic wrap to "preserve" an iPad screen protector. It worked great, I was able to reinstall the film later with no issues.

3. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

You mean the plastic wrap that you use on casserole bowls and stuff and it can water seal it?

AKA, this stuff?

[​IMG]

4. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Yeah, that stuff :)

5. Statusnone88 thread starter macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Excellent! Looks like I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow and buying some. :)

Thanks again!

6. parker770 macrumors member

I would think that wax paper might be a little better as far as not sticking, but the cellophane wrap would likely work pretty well.

7. F1 Speed macrumors member

X2 :D Works like a charm. Wax paper does work for the SGP Carbon Skin Guard though.

8. Solitaryone macrumors newbie

iPad screen glare eliminator...

I also use Glad press n seal wrap directly on my iPad screen to eliminate glare from sunlight. It is see through enough to read and work with it on my screen and also allows me to type and use the touch screen through it. And it comes right off wren I don't need it.

9. Tantei macrumors newbie

Tantei

10. tayluftwaffel macrumors member

I'm not sure of a perfect way to preserve them.... I think if you take it off, you're about done for.

11. Jase718 macrumors member

I usually cover the sticky side with scotch tape vertically. Usually takes about 5 strips. It's always worked for me. By the way they were also PS screen protectors. Hope it helps!