Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
When I press the crown on my 42 Sport it feels more mushy then a click. It does not depress as much as my 38 that I returned. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Four oF NINE

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2011
Hell's Kitchen
Hmm I guess Ill have to go to apple. Maybe ill try to get some water in there, But its been doing this out the box.

Perhaps you have this issue in another thread on the verge of happening.

Had the sticky/stiff Digital Crown thing... did the warm water rinse while turning and pressing crown that Apple recommends in this advisory.

As I was drying it, I noticed a bit of black stuff in the gap, so I scraped it out with my fingernail. Out comes a broken O-ring seal! No wonder it was stiff.

Booking an appointment with a Genius - is this a fix or a replacement? Will be Watchless for a while?

utoRRF8.jpg

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
Hmm I guess Ill have to go to apple. Maybe ill try to get some water in there, But its been doing this out the box.
Sorry to pull up an old post, but did you end up taking this to apple? Or fix it? Mine has been doing this out of the box too, thing is, it's mushy for the first few presses, then it clicks better like normal after. It'll click fine for a while too unless it's left alone for a few minutes, then it'll be mushy for first few presses again. I've tried running it under water and nothing seems to be helping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.