Pressing lock button ends call?

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
This never happened with my 3Gs, whenever I would use my phone I'd lock the screen in case I didn't want to touch anything to ruin it. When i lock the iPHone 4 on a call, the Lock switch ends the call! Anyone else facing this problem?

Elysian

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2010
I'm fairly sure that has been a way to end/decline a call for a long time.
This. The lock button is a form of, "Standby". In which, if you were to close any standard laptop lip, it would stop any wifi, bluetooth, or any data connection in general.

ohla313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
oops. sorry! thanks everyone. I've just been so used to using my headphones for phone calls that I didn't know about it. Speaking of headphones, there's an echo sound whenever I use them and it doesn't matter which headphones I use, still echo.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This never happened with my 3Gs, whenever I would use my phone I'd lock the screen in case I didn't want to touch anything to ruin it. When i lock the iPHone 4 on a call, the Lock switch ends the call! Anyone else facing this problem?
If you are on speaker phones or headphones it doesn't, it just lock the screen. I used it all the time.

Never use it while talking on the phone without headphones so I cannot comment on that.

bholaladka

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
you can lock during a call without ending it by:

select the keypad *numbers* option during the call and then select the Lock button :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.