Pressing the front of iPhone too hard...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by musika, Oct 19, 2011.

1. musika macrumors 65816

musika

With older iPads and iPhones (1st gen iPad, 3GS iPhone) if you pressed the screen too hard or anywhere on the bezel, you could see the front move down. I think they used to clip the screen on. This used to cause problems where the screen would click. I just got my 4S. I think they changed how the front is attached to the device, but every time I put on my case I press hard on the front of the device and it scares me. Anything to worry about? Do any of you folks who've had an iP4 have had problems with their front clicking/moving? Should I worry or did they fix this?

2. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

So your phone is creaking or your case? Can you do it without the case? :confused:

3. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

My 4s is fine.

My 3GS... The screen used to move up and down, and would eventually start to click. I'm scared of this happening to my 4s.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

6. Fuchal macrumors 68020

That's basically impossible on the 4/4S due to the way they are assembled... the front glass + screen is one giant piece. There is nowhere for it to go.

7. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Surprisingly, I know what your talking about.

The 4S won't make the click. Nothing to worry about.

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

The screen is completely different.

To get the 3GS screen off, you only had to remove two screws. To get to the 4S glass, it takes many more steps. There's nothing to worry about.

9. musika thread starter macrumors 65816

musika

Thank you, I'm sorry, I know I worded it terribly. I was very tired haha. But thanks, I;m glad you knew. I think they used to clip the front panel on, but now they assemble it differently.