Pressing X on message in notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by bluedoggiant, Oct 8, 2015.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Anyone else notice that pressing the x on a message notification in Notification Center now marks the message as read? Is this supposed to be a new feature or bug?

Either way I don't like it at all...I like being able to remove notifications but leave the message unread.

2. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

I've noticed that myself. However, I love the idea. What I really want is cross-device notification states. Read/unread/present/dismissed or whatever states are necessary. I am so sick of clearing dozens of notifications on my iPad that I already cleared/viewed on my iPhone as they came in.

3. planetf1 macrumors 6502

planetf1

Ditto I like the new behavior. I can click if I need more detail or snooze for later

4. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Precisely but that "snooze" function isn't really helpful if there's nothing to remind you to go back and check, like an unread message..

A separate mark as read button like that for mail messages would be nice, as there is a separate function to mark the email as read, and another to just remove the notification. That's not consistent UI design.

5. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Actually think this is a bug....

When individually deleting messages it marks them as read as described above.

When you press x for all the notifications in the day the messages stay unread.

Funky behavior.

6. sn macrumors 6502

Yeah, it's the inconsistency that bugs me. Apple has let us mark emails as read/unread with a swipe on iOS for ages. Why not messages?