PressReader App for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by nanohits, May 14, 2010.

1. nanohits macrumors regular

nanohits

Hi Folks,

Highly recommend PressReader an iPad app that you get access to hundreds of newspapers daily including some 1400+ newspapers Its one of those golden nuggets thats not talked about much.

Check it out and let me know your comments. My only issue is that I wish it had landscape and proper auto delivery of newspapers.

2. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

+1 on Press Pass. I love it! I even signed up for the 10.00 monthly fee for 30 papers a month. I may even bump it up to the unlimited plan.

As for landscape. Check out your app updates. The rolled out a new version on Friday and it supports landscape.

3. nanohits thread starter macrumors regular

nanohits

Yup I got the update today and its great :)

4. smotheredhope macrumors regular

Wow. Just what I am looking for. Is the la times in there?

:: going to download now ::

I'm such a huge news junkie.

5. nanohits thread starter macrumors regular

nanohits

Yup LA Times is there. Enjoy.

6. JaredStrauss macrumors member

The app is pretty awesome. I wish they had magazines too

7. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

At what point do they start charging for downloaded issues? Can't find anything about pricing :eek:

8. nanohits thread starter macrumors regular

nanohits

Your 1st 7 issues are free and after that they charge you. If you go to their pressdisplay website it lists the subscriptions. You get 31 credits for $9.99 a month so essentially 31 issues of any newspaper or the best one IMO is the $29.95 a month that gets you unlimited issues of 1500+ newspapers daily. If you are news junkie, you cant go past that price as nothing else comes close to the value.

9. FortWorthMac macrumors 6502a

Hmmmm. Surprisingly I just noticed that the NY Times is not available. I wonder if they are in some special agreement with Apple.

10. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

I Believe the agreement that NYT has with the kindle and amazon limits them from partnering with press reader. This is also the reason why we haven't seen the full NYT version that was displayed at the iPad announcement.

11. nanohits thread starter macrumors regular

nanohits

Plus they also have their own iPad and iPhone apps as they plan to charge soon themselves so it wont make sense for them to put that out with another publisher for so cheap. Its the same with Wall Street Journal U.S edition

12. steel magnolia macrumors regular

I found this app yesterday, loving it! Does anyone know if they are offering a discount code for a free month ( I saw where they did this for April) if you subscribe as a new user for May? Thanks,

Patty

13. KevinM2 macrumors 6502

Sorry to kickstart this thread after so long, but I was in the mood to sign up to a daily newspaper for my iPad, but I see that the $10/month for 30 issues isn't there anymore...Darn it. That's the one I was going to sign up for.

The cheapest they do is the $29.95 Personal Unlimited plan, but I don't think I will use it enough for that, I just wanted the one newspaper to read daily.

Is there any way to get the $10/month plan, or has this gone for good?

Thanks.