Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsymacker

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
hello everyone,

I was wondering, since the LCD of MBA is naked, if somebody "pokes" the screen with their fingertips trying to point to something by mistake, would it cause a permanent damage? if yes, how hard of a pressure would cause such a damage?

thank you.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
You Should NEVER

hello everyone,

I was wondering, since the LCD of MBA is naked, if somebody "pokes" the screen with their fingertips trying to point to something by mistake, would it cause a permanent damage? if yes, how hard of a pressure would cause such a damage?

thank you.

Poke an lcd screen....Goes for MBA MBP etc. and of course TV's. Poking at the screen will eventually cause damage. Clean the screen with a slightly moist anti static cloth, and keep peoples fingers away!

pieuk

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2011
yeah i would suggest never touching the screen, only when you go to clean it, use a special cleaning kit. i bought one from apple store called keep it clean and its great.

my first screen got damaged, not sure if it was me or whether it was a manufacturing default, either way avoid fingers on the screen at all costs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.