Pretty disappointed...

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by KyleMS11, Sep 18, 2015.

1. KyleMS11, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

KyleMS11 macrumors newbie

Disappointed with the multi tasking that there are close to no apps that can be used with this feature. Sorry apple i blamed you for this but i guess its the developers not apple. Hopefully developers start updating soon so multi tasking can actually be useful.

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Apps have to be updated before they support the new functionality, but it's not only Apple's apps that work: Microsoft Office fully supports split screen, as does Twitter. BBC iPlayer supports Picture in Picture.

If apps don't work with multi-tasking or PiP, it's on the app developer, not Apple

3. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Apps from the App Store have to be updated for iPad multitasking. Plenty of them (Twitter, MS Office etc. ) already are. You definitely can watch YouTube video while browsing the web, either via YouTube web or 3Rd party app like YouPlayer. Official YouTube app will get updated for multitasking too.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

YouTube and gmail app have to be updated to be compatible with this feature. If you want to put a blame, put it solely on Google that's slow to update.

5. KyleMS11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well hopefully developers step their game up the and make their apps usable with multi tasking. Im no tech genius i just figured apple was in charge of this feature and what can be used with multi tasking. Hopefully we start seeing more apps available in multi tasking pretty soon so it can actually be of use.

6. mikef07 macrumors regular

Uh...Music is by Apple and is not supported. If there was any app that would make sense to be supported it should be Music as almost everyone I see or know who uses their iPad for travel listens to music while using it when they can.