Pretty funny Face Time parody!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WilliamG, Jun 30, 2010.

1. WilliamG macrumors 604

2. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

3. McBeats macrumors 6502a

4. Claude626 macrumors 6502

I think it serves as a reminder for many people. Just because you have a convenient way to see each other's faces, it doesn't equate to actually being there.

This is all funny as it was created all out of whack with absurd scenarios, but I don't think it's out of line to imagine a father missing his kid's birthday and using this as a mean to bandage--even if he CAN make time to come home.

What's really sad is that I'm sure you and I both know some people will use this as a primary mean of "seeing" the other person as a replacement for being there. If there is no cheap way out, those folks MIGHT still make an extra effort...

I think the primary message this video conveys is: FaceTime is awesome and cool when you're in a pinch, but do not over abuse it as it is not a replacement for really being there.

5. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

I took the video to say that people that work to excess, drink to excess, party to excess, and ignore their family to excess, are major losers and the buttwipes of society. In that regard, I found the video to be "honest".

But funny? Hardly.

Mark

6. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

Seems like people take this too seriously. I found it quite funny, and i didnt even have the sound on. I could understand well enough from the video itself. :D good one!

7. Airmaxpenny1 macrumors newbie

8. davidhawkins123 macrumors regular

9. FortMOney macrumors member

You guys are being way too dramatic. That was pretty funny.

10. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I LOL'd. Both at the video and at the too-srs responses. :D