Pretty much given up n Jaibreak...for now

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Qanbar, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Qanbar macrumors member

Qanbar

S abut tw days ag I had 3.0 jb and wanted some new apps so tried sn0wbreeze on my launch day 3gs on windows. Didnt work was stuck in recvery mode. So upgraded to 3.1.3 then downgraded to 3.1.2 (as saurik has shsh hashes - edited the host file as requested) and jailbroke with redsnow. Jb worked iphone loaded up but no cell signal - it didnt get activated.
    upgraded to 3.1.3 then downgraded to 3.1.2 again and jail broke with blackra1n. Same thing no cell signal. I have pretty much given up hope for the time being that anyone can help with my problem clearly and concisely.

:mad:

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It's because you went to 3.1.3

When you were jailbroken and in recovery mode, we could have helped you, but not now. Didn't you use Sn0wbreeze ? Have read your other posts, that is perhaps part of the problem.

3. Qanbar thread starter macrumors member

Qanbar

Lol snowbreeze put it in recovery but when I asked for help no one knew what I was talking about. I can still downgrade to 3.1.2 but no cell signal / activation - so no fix for this.

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sn0wbreeze is generally a 'fail" situation, we don't recommend it here, as I'm sure you have learned why now (unfortunately).

5. jpjandrade macrumors member

You're out of luck. When you upgraded to 3.1.3 you upgraded to the new baseband, which is not unlockable, and downgrading to 3.1.2 won't change your baseband. So you're stuck with a jailbroke but not unlocked iphone. It will only work with the carrier it's tied to. That's it. There's no workaround, no new unlock, nothing. You upgraded, the phone is not unlockable. I hope that was clear and concise.

6. Qanbar thread starter macrumors member

Qanbar

My sim is the carrier the phone is locked to. I don't need an unlock. I can't get any signal when I downgrade even tho it's a legit sim etc.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

What's wrong with 3.1.3?

I'm on 3.1.3, jailbroken with blackra1n...

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

OP is on official Apple 3.1.3 with a 3GS and cannot jailbreak.