prety biased revew of a iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hmaniga, May 26, 2009.

1. hmaniga macrumors newbie

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    He can post that video if he wants to. It's his opinion if he doesn't like the iPhone/iPod touch. More power to him. :)

3. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

i like how he cant fast forward a song hahaha noob

4. jake36wi41 macrumors member

"Yes I might be biased as I work for Nokia..."

Biased? Ya think? :p

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The same Nokia that produced the turd known as Ovi? :)

6. hmaniga thread starter macrumors newbie

wow thats such a rip off of the appstore!! it doesnt even look tat good!

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

8. milani macrumors 68000

milani

"You have to turn the device... strange."

... Enough said.

9. quakeiv macrumors newbie

Wow that guy is so biased, that Nokia looks like huge brick!

I hate when people who don't know what they are talking about make stupid videos on YouTube to express their uneducated biased and mostly discriminatory opinion!!!

Did you notice that he is clearly a user of the Nokia, yet he CANNOT even figure out how to properly use the ipod touch? He doesn't know how to even forward the song!!! That's simply disgusting!!!

I'm so upset that people like him always bash Apple, ipod and Steve Jobs because they are so jealous that their crappy non-innovated products are so horrible. They always to whine about their crappy devices being better when clearly they are not!

The Nokia being sharper? I think not! ipod touch has a decent screen, it has to do with resolution not sharpness of screen, that bald foreign bastard doesn't even realize that!

It's very sad that Google allows this trash to be made and posted on their site, having inaccurate reviews like this should be reviewed by the staff before they are allowed on YouTube. In most countries people can go to prison for damaging a reputation of people with false information, I think that guy needs to go away and never come back. I hope Apple sues the socks off him, a Nokia developer bashing outright Apple and ipod touch, RIDICULOUS!!! :mad: I'm so mad I spilled my cafe late...when I saw this TRASH!!!:mad:

10. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

So he doesn't like the iPhone, well that's his choice...

11. quakeiv macrumors newbie

Yeah but keep your opinion to yourself and don't post it on YouTube of all places. I think the point is that it is very biased and insulting to iphone touch users which I happen to be!

12. RumorHasIt.... macrumors member

He's right about the screen!

While I agree that he's biased, he is right about the touch's screen. Pdas and some smartphones have had vga displays for years. Apple is behind the curve. Just look at their laptops, the 13" and 15" have lousy displays. I know that many of you will stick up for Apple but it doesn't change the truth.

13. kyager macrumors newbie

How is it biased? All the points that the author of the YouTube video makes are correct and perfectly valid.

14. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yep, that is a very biased review for sure.

Not surprised. It looks like he works for Nokia.

15. quakeiv macrumors newbie

He works for Nokia, doesn't give Apple a chance at all..Negative review of a good product = biased!!! :mad:

16. kyager macrumors newbie

You say screen quality has to do with resolution and not sharpness, then you just proved yourself an idiot.

Nokia n810: 226 Pixels/Inch, 800x400 resolution.
    iPod Touch: 163 Pixels/Inch, 480x320 resolution.

Unless you failed 2nd grade math, then it's quite obvious that the n810 has a superior screen when compared to the Touch.

And you say his information is false, how is it false? Did you even bother to look up any of his information, cause I did, and it's all true. Or are you just pulling this out of your ass, which I'm sure you are?

You're saying all this, and on top of that, you bash him on the fact that he doesn't speak with an american accent and that he's bald.

Clearly, the only uneducated thing here is you.

17. kyager macrumors newbie

You never answered my question, how is it biased?

Just because it's a negative review does NOT mean it is biased.

"He works for Nokia" is an invalid response, because for one, there is no indication nor proof that he works for Nokia. Even if he did, all his points are, as I stated before, valid and true.

18. bmacir macrumors 6502

Why not? You are posting your opinion right now and thanks god you can. That guy has all the right to make a shame of himself trying to bash another product which is superior in every level except screen resolution. I wouldn't feel insulted by that guy.

Nokia's screen is so un-smooth it's a pain to look at!

19. kyager macrumors newbie

How is 1 superior to 2?

20. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I don't know why you all are getting all wound up about this video, it's the funniest thing I've watched it a long time. He is clearly a comedian, and I must say that his "unable to fast forward" routine is a huge hit with me.

21. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I would humbly suggest that you watch, and listen, to the video again.

For example, he doesn't know how to fast forward a song. You can do that on the touch. It's easy. However, he presents this issue as something that cannot be done rather than him not knowing how to do it.

Another example, when he states that you have to turn the device to view a video. Not sure what his point was. However, he tried to make it sound that it was unusual to do this.

Additionally, he never addressed size or weight issues. Two big negatives for the Nokia.

In fact, he never really said what he was going to evaluate and the criteria used. Rather it was a rambling video and, IMHO a terrible review and a waste of time.

22. bmacir macrumors 6502

Well it's just my opinion, I'm not trying to convince you, but the iPhone is the right compromise between screen definition and smoothness, it's just not right to have a better definition to a device if the processor is not capable of handling it properly. I would prefer the iPhone which is smoother, but it's just me.

And don't get me started with user-friendliness, quality of the apps and app store, portability....

Agreed. "so strange.." made me :D.

23. bmacir macrumors 6502

He tries to empathize the defects of the iPhone and the strengths of the Nokia. It not an objective review: he just points out the pros of the Nokia and the cons of the iPhone, making it a biased review.

24. Pooshka macrumors 65816

No worries, it's typical of Finns to have no clue what holding the forward button does. Weird.

:rolleyes:

25. mph1974 macrumors newbie

Exactly!

This is exactly right.... its annoying that I even watched it! I wouldnt want that brick in my pocket.. But he doesnt point that out....