Prev. Gen MBP at good price, should I buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zcor, Jan 4, 2009.

1. zcor macrumors newbie

So I'm on the market for a Mac computer that can handle (as in edit) HD video.

I just saw prev gen. 15" 2.4Ghz w/ 512mb video cards going for 1300€ and thought this was a good price considering the new ones with less video memory cost 500€ more. Also 2 year warranty.

What say you? Should I grab it? Is the overheating video card issue going to be a problem?

2. grimreaper1377 macrumors regular

All 8600s will die eventually, so you can't avoid that.

When you're doing video editing, it will overheat, and that will happen on any laptop.

Unless you REALLY like the design of the new ones more, I would take it.

3. zcor thread starter macrumors newbie

Wait it's actually a 2.5Ghz model, not a 2.4Ghz... It's even better. I'm not worried about the overheating itself, but about the card failing. However I know a bunch of people with the MBP and none have had that problem.

4. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I Have this MacBook Pro, its an Amazing Machine, i do not Want a new MBP, you will not be dissapointed.

5. kid rock macrumors regular

I also just bought the same one as you about 2 months back and I am loving it, all I'd reccomend is to upgrade to 4gb ram as it's only 37 quid from crucial! (I just ordered mine)

6. grimreaper1377 macrumors regular

All of them are defective. It's just a matter of how long they take to die.

7. zcor thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, Apple apparently pays for the repair of the boards if they die, according to here.

I just ordered it :D .