Prevent a metal stand from scratching Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by lupend88, May 29, 2015.

1. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

2. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I just put clear packing tape over the stand. No more scratches.

When painting, you want to score the paint off (rough it up), then use a self etching primer, THEN you can coat it with anything and it will stick. If you don't, it will just peal off.

3. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

What, you don't like the spray rubber link I gave you for Home Depot before? :)

Btw - pics of the completed cable are on my thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1887812

I was thinking about that more. You could just put a couple coats of clear-coat paint on the top. That's definitely WAY softer than the DLC or the 316L stainless...so you would be even less likely to wear down the coating. :)

You may want to get a matte clear coat though...so you don't make the top of it shiny vs the rest of the stand.

4. iConnected macrumors 6502a

iConnected

The best way to prevent a metal stand from scratching your Apple Watch is to buy a wooden stand instead. ;)

5. fischersd, May 30, 2015
    Last edited: May 30, 2015

fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Fair warning: it may come off in time. The reason I used a self-etching primer in painting my stand was so that the paint adhered well.

Edit: I just had another thought Lupend88 - you could paint the whole thing. Then you could make it whatever colour you desire, but still having that modern style that you like.

You could better have it match / contrast the room you're planning on using it in. :)