General Prevent icons from moving inadvertedly

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by troet, Jun 11, 2013.

1. troet macrumors newbie

I've been using gridlock since my first JB and it's working quite well.
    On thing bugs me, though: Whenever I'm moving an icon from one page to another my layout gets messed up. The reason being that I have to pull the icon to the border of the current page to switch to the next one. If there is an icon in that position it will hop away before the pages switch and all the icons will rearrange themselves.

What I'm looking for would be a tweak that prevents the icons from rearranging automatically. In an ideal world, I could move only the icon I'm currently dragging, and only to an empty spot on a page or into a folder. If the place where I want to put it is already occupied by another app or folder, I would have to manually move that away first.
    Is there a tweak that can do that?

An alternative would be a Tweak that allowed me to lock the position of individual apps and folders. If that existed I would lock all my apps and folders into place, only unlocking the one I really want to move.
    I know that Lockdown pro would allow me to "Lock icon placement", but that seems to be a global setting (I cannot test, because I will only buy it if it served my needs). Is so that wouldn't help because in order do rearrange my layout I would have to turn that off, and would thereby run into the same issues.

Any suggestions?

tom

2. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

re-arrranging icons with gridlock is a pain.

i never considered a tweak that would do what you propose since it sounded too picky.

i know springtomize 2 has an option to lock the icons in place but i would think that would lock the icon you want to move as well, so it wouldnt help.

i dont add or re-arrange icons that often so its not a big deal to me now, but what i have learnt to do is to drag one or two icons from the page which is full into an empty one first. Ideally these would be placed right in the corner where your new icon will make its entry. THEN move your new icon into the page where you want it and, by having one or two slots now open, you will have an easier way of arranging them how you want them. finally, put those icons you moved away back where they were.

the general idea is not to drag icons around in a full page. it will frustrate you to no end as they keep slipping away all over the place.

hope this has helped.