Prevent IMAP folder download Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by -Ryan-, Feb 18, 2010.

1. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Hi all,

I'd like to stop certain folders being downloaded via IMAP from Gmail. The most important is the Spam folder, as this clogs up my dock with unnecessary email counts. Anyone know how to do this?

Cheers,
    Ryan

2. -Ryan- thread starter macrumors 68000

I've now found out how to do this for the Spam folder. Presumably that's checking the box for storing junk mail on the server, but does anyone know how to do it for any other box?

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Actually, that's not quite true. Checking that box will prevent Mail from storing the messages it marks as Spam on the server, but will not affect that folder being synchronized to Mail from the server.

What email service are you using? It depends greatly on what configuration options you have available. If you're using Gmail, for instance, you can install the Labs feature for IMAP Folder Access that will let you tell it not to synchronize the Spam folder, or any other folder you don't want.

jW

4. -Ryan- thread starter macrumors 68000

Hey thanks for the info. Can you give me a link for IMAP Folder Access please? I can't find it on the labs page (this may be because I'm using Gmail for Domains, but usually labs features are available).