Prevent iPhone from potential auto update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by idoit, Jul 8, 2014.

1. idoit macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5s (iOS 7). Now I want to absolutely make sure Apple will not push a firmware update to this device. Well, the question is would Apple force an update at all? I'm new to iPhone, so...

If so, is it possible to prevent such firmware updates? I'm ok if it is downloaded to my iPhone but I don't want it to be installed without my permission. That's all.

2. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Your iPhone won't download updates once it's jailbroken.

3. idoit thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! Good to know this is the case. Thanks. :)

4. cynics macrumors G4

It'll be downloaded but unless you press update it will not update. You typically have a user agreement to agree to so they can't force it. Plus you could be in the middle of something on your phone and a update will prevent the phone from being used for a few minutes so it doesn't happen automatically.

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I don't think any version of iOS will auto update. iOS 6 will download an undeletable copy of the new OS that will hold hostage storage space unless you hit update. Newer versions of iOS will auto download, using data, but you have the ability to delete the download.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All other answers go out the window.
    Once your iPhone is jb the OTA update feature is disabled. It won't download the update or ever install it even if you wanted to.

7. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

i have iPhone 5s want to update ios 8 i think its may be in September so first of all i will update in September and after want to jailbreak.