Prevent iPhoto opening on Synch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gottafly, Sep 20, 2008.

1. gottafly macrumors regular

minor annoyance, but looking for simple solution.....

is there any way to prevent iPhoto from opening every time the iPhone is put in the dock to synch? ......and still synch photos FROM iMac TO iPhone.

2. Metuas macrumors regular

Metuas

I have this problem with Aperture. I hope/assume the fix would be the same.

3. jjprusk macrumors member

Prevent iPhoto opening on Synch?

What I did was create a separate iPhoto folder (something like "from iPhone"), copied the photos into "from iPhone", and now I sync "from iPhone" with my iPhone. It will only sync the first time - once the photos are syncd iPhoto won't keep starting up. Any new photos you shoot on your iPhone, just do the same thing and they'll still be available on the iPhone but it won't continue to try and sync.

4. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

It's a little bit of an awkward solution, but open Applications/Image Capture. Go to Image Capture>Preferences and choose "No Application." Unfortunately, now you'll have to open iPhoto manually when you plug in your digital camera, but for me, that's way less often than I plug in my iPhone.

5. XianPalin macrumors 6502

There's a setting in iPhoto preferences... "Open iPhoto when a camera is connected." You have to turn that off, as it reads the phone as a camera as well when it is hooked up.

6. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

Oh, you're right. The same setting is in iPhoto as well. Learn something every day. :)

7. gottafly thread starter macrumors regular

Love my macs, love macrumors.com, thanks guys!!!!!