Prevent iTunes from downloading unwanted episodes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jw2002, Nov 1, 2009.

1. jw2002 macrumors 6502

Is there a way to prevent iTunes from downloading unwanted episodes? For instance, when I purchase an HD episode, iTunes attempts to download both SD and HD. To save time, space, and bandwidth I click on the SD episode, pause its download, and delete it from the queue. However, the next time I log in to the iTunes store, it attempts to resume downloading these unwanted episodes. Furthermore, if I connect to the iTunes store using my other mac (on which I don't want to download tv episodes), iTunes attempts to download both the HD and SD episodes even though I already downloaded and watched them on a different computer. Is there a way to mark purchased content as unwanted? It's currently getting out of hand because if I purchase a song on one computer, it ***FIRST*** attempts to download about 25 GB (no kidding) worth of unwanted tv episodes and puts the song at the end of the download queue.

2. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The only way to stop it is to let both episodes download completely on one computer. It will keep backing up like you have found out until you download every single one.

3. jw2002 thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems there must be a way to edit something like the iTunes Music Library xml file that controls whether or not a download has occurred.